Meet the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ
Cadillac is opening its electric portfolio with the unveiling of the Cadillac LYRIQ show car. This luxury SUV rides on General Motors’ Ultium system and is available in RWD or AWD configurations. The LYRIQ is sure to wow drivers with an expansive driving range and ultra-modern features like a massive touchscreen, smartphone integration, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and more. Read on to learn more about this anxiously awaited SUV, and the multitude of high-end performance and comfort features it promises to bring!
LYRIQ All-Electric Performance & Range
The LYRIQ’s expected range is 300 miles on a single charge. To put that in perspective, the average Cadillac XT5 owner drives about 40 miles per day. With the LYRIQ’s all-electric power and impressive range at the helm, you can drive confidently from point A to point B, thanks largely to the following features:
- Responsive Performance: The LYRIQ delivers torque almost instantly, putting you in control as you travel down Hoffman Estates roads.
- RWD & AWD Options: Choose from single-motor rear- or dual-motor all-wheel drive models, and experience the traction and control you desire from your new Cadillac.
- Lightning-Fast Charging: The LYRIQ offers different charging options to get you back on the road quickly, including at-home Level 2 charging (up to 19kw) and public DC fast-charging (up to 150kw).
- Ultium Propulsion: GM’s Ultium propulsion system helps deliver near-perfect weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for performance that’s responsive, agile, and athletic.
LYRIQ Technology & Infotainment Features
You’d expect nothing less than futuristic technology from a Cadillac EV — and the LYRIQ doesn’t disappoint. Here are a few of its crowning technologies:
- Super Cruise™: Hands-free and intelligent, Super Cruise™ is a cruise control system that simplifies highway travel.
- AKG Studio Sound System: Complete with 19 strategically placed speakers, this advanced sound system delivers concert-quality audio.
- Augmented Reality Head-Up Display: The curved 33-inch diagonal LED display features an augmented reality head-up display that displays speed, direction, navigation indicators, and more.
What Are Cadillac’s EV Plans for the Future?
The benefits of EVs are too great to ignore — from reduced fuel consumption to fewer tailpipe emissions to smoother and more responsive handling. That being said, Cadillac’s plans for the advancement of EV technology within its lineup won’t stop with the LYRIQ. In fact, by the end of the decade, nearly all of the vehicles in the Cadillac family will run on electric power. Cadillac will continue to design and build EVs based on customers’ lifestyles, allowing for easier and faster charging.
Learn More About the LYRIQ from Patrick Cadillac
The Cadillac LYRIQ is slated for release sometime in late 2022 as a 2023 model. If you have additional questions about the LYRIQ and the future of all-electric Cadillac models, contact us online or call us at (847) 230-8240!